Monday, January 28, 2013

There have been so many changes in my life in the past two weeks...
1) I got a job!!!
2) I finally settled a 1.5 year saga with a friend from I/F group
3) I decided to do another frozen embryo transfer!!!

There are so many emotions whirling around inside me right now. I am very excited to begin working as an occupational therapist. I love my field, and I am eager to really make a difference in people's lives.

On another note, I feel like a lot have things have been changing for me on an emotional level. I spoke things through with a friend from I/F group, and she had such a different perspective regarding how our relationship unfolded during her pregnancy and beginning stages as a mother. I was very hurt, yet oddly relieved that I was able to resolve our disagreements. She felt that I hadn't been there as a friend during her happy times. She had a lot of difficulty empathizing with my situation and mostly felt wronged by me. I felt a lot of emotions regarding her, but mostly disappointed that she couldn't empathize with how I felt when it didn't suit her. I came out of this ordeal proud that I was able to problem-solve without disassembling, and also proud of how far I have come on my infertility journey.

Finally, my husband and I are planning to start a frozen embryo transfer in the beginning of March. I am very excited...I think these are very viable embryos and that overall my perspective has been a lot healthier this time around. I am also fearful - of weight gain, hormonal roller coasters, and disappointment. I am praying for the strength to get through this!

No comments:

Post a Comment